The ForFarmers Group is an ambitious feed company, active in North-West Europe in the sectors swine, ruminant, poultry and plant (arable and contracting).
The company offers Total Feedsolutions for conventional and organic livestock farming. By working side-by-side with the farmers the company aims to deliver better returns, healthier livestock and greater efficiency. This is achieved by offering tailored solutions to each client based on a targeted approach with specialist and expert support.
Over the last decade the company has grown substantially, both autonomously and through acquisitions. Currently, ForFarmers has 40+ production sites in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, the UK and Poland and employs 2.250 FTE. The company’s head office is based in Lochem (the Netherlands).
With annual sales of more than 9 million tonnes of feed ForFarmers is the European market leader in compound feed. However, in order to maintain its leadership position ForFarmers does not seek a strong market position in compound feed alone, but also in other feed products. Optimal service to the customer is the key to further growth.
Recent acquisitions have not only led to an in-house broadening of knowledge, skills and innovation potential, but have also helped to grow the – international – knowledge network of the organisation. It enables ForFarmers to provide customers with the best feed solution, to support the livestock farmer in achieving his business objectives and to make a contribution towards economically profitable and sustainable food production. To express its enhanced capabilities, the slogan ‘the total feed business’ has been added to the ForFarmers brand.
Purpose and context of the job:
The Group Buyer directs and co-ordinates the procurement, across all companies within the ForFarmers Group, of all Logistics activities. Group spend by this category is approximately € 70 million per year.
The Group Buyer identifies opportunities to reduce cost and introduce value, develops the procurement strategies and implements efficient and effective business processes in order to realize these benefits.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies within the Logistics Category that will remove cost and introduce value
- Liaise with key stakeholders at various levels of seniority to ensure key areas of spend are appropriately prioritised
- Plays a key role in ‘make or buy’ decisions
- Source, assess and develop a preferred supply base that will maximise leverage opportunities but more importantly that will work in partnership across businesses and geographies within the group
- Manage supplier relationships and price benchmarking
- Negotiating corporate wide contracts of a considerable value from a senior point of view
- Share knowledge across between procurement teams within the group and establish best practice in procurement
- Have an active role in in the further development and professionalisation of procurement
- Standardize processes and operational workflows.
- Higher professional education (HBO/WO)
- Proven successful track record and extensive network in Logistics (minimum of 5 years); has actual insights in Logistics sector; is well aware of the future developments
- Has specific knowledge of Chemicals, Chlled and Food transport
- Pragmatic and strategic thinking
- Influence to deliver results without direct control
- Mature leadership capabilities
- People manager and team player
- Proactive / result driven
- Relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to develop and implemented effective business processes and implement process improvements throughout the entire organization
- Strong communication skills in English (must), Dutch and German are desirable
- Ability to influence stakeholders & senior management
- Strong personality, convincing.