SVZ International, part of Royal Cosun, is a global market leader in fruit and vegetable ingredients. SVZ has a strong customer network across geographic regions commercializing an extensive product portfolio to all segments of the global food industry. SVZ’s core agribusiness covers the complete supply chain from crop, procurement through to manufacturing, distribution, sales and marketing. Backed by extensive R&D resources, SVZ delivers value-added products through a commercial program that maximizes value for SVZ and its customers. SVZ is set on a strong growth platform for the future.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and managing new accounts in relation to organic fruit and vegetables with a focus on new started or scale up companies.
In this role he or she will develop himself into a champion in the organic market. The first focus will be on understanding the organic market and identifying potential key customers. He or she will mainly focus on expansion and targeting new customers, who started a new company in the last years using fruit & vegetables ingredients helping them to add value to their business. The goal is to build valuable relationships with so-called ‘start ups’ and ‘scale ups’ in their early stages of development. By doing so, SVZ and the particular account(s) will develop as partners in the specific area of organic food.
This dynamic role incorporates new business development as well as account management of a portfolio of new and existing organic food companies.
- Identify, build and develop successful and profitable partnerships with organic food companies in the broadest sense
- Become an authority in the field of organic food (knowledge, networks, visibility) both internal and external
- Manage a large existing account (next to the newly developed companies).
First year: gather knowledge, build networks both internal and external, prioritise products, choose assortments, cooperate with purchasing
Second year: capitalize on first year activities
- Drive the Organic sales strategy and account development to hit the category goals in volume & margin
- Oversee the organic development and price-setting according to plan
- Work cross functionally within the organization; sales, purchase, marketing and agronomy
- Guide Customer Service to ensure and maintain high customer service levels for this market.
- Minimal a Bachelor’s in Food Science, Chemistry, Business Administration, Economics and/or related field
- Strong sales experience within the food (processing) and beverage industry (minimum of 3 to 6 years)
- Proven track record in B2B Sales within Food/Beverage Industry
- Preferably experienced in the organic products/markets
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Strong commercial and customer orientation
- Result and action driven
- New business generator with a persistent, consistent and disciplined approach
- Not a pur sang ‘hunters type’, works according to a plan, step-by-step and with a focus on long term success and continuity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills and anticipating abilities (market, products)
- Selfstarter and ability to work independently and manage a budget set
- Excellent command of English
- Candidates must be able to work individually as well as in a team
- Travel is up to 30 % of the working time
- The BD/Account Manager is a direct report of the Team Lead Sales based in Breda, The Netherlands
- He or she will also be based in the HQ in Breda.