McArthurGlen Group is the leading developer, owner and manager of designer outlets in Europe. Presently the Group has 24 designer outlets across the UK, Europe and Canada, housing over 750 brands in more than 2,000 stores and over 600,000 square meters of designer outlet space (Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, UK).
McArthurGlen Centres are home to the most sought-after luxury, designer and high-street brands, internationally and nationally, offering the fashion-loving shopper year-round savings of 30 to 70% on the recommended retail price, all in an attractive and vibrant shopping environment close to major tourist hubs.
McArthurGlen Group Mission
“To create the finest retail experiences”
McArthurGlen Group Vision
“To continuously enhance the quality of the customer experience, the lives of employees, the performance of brand partners, the return to investors and the communities where we do business.”
McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Roermond
The Designer Outlet in Roermond was the first Dutch designer outlet of the McArthurGlen Group, which was opened in 2001 and offers a unique brand mix.
In Roermond, some 200 brand stores are located in a total area of more than 47,000 square meters of retail space. McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Roermond welcomes over 7,8 million visitors every year. Depending on seasonal fluctuations, between 3500 and 3700 employees are operating the Centre.
The MAG Designer Outlet Roermond General Manager leads the Roermond Management Team which consists of:
- Deputy Centre Manager
- Senior Marketing Manager
- Senior Facilities Manager
- Senior Retail Manager
- Senior Guest Experience Manager
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for spearheading the delivery of the Marketing strategy for the Centre including Media, PR, Tourism, Research, Events and Visual executions needed to drive the Centre to the next level. This role will act as lead Marketing Manager for the region setting an example of excellence.
As Rudolf van Gompel, McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Roermond General Manager, puts it: “In 2018 we welcomed 8 million visitors, but this will increase to 10 million over the coming 3 years. With this expansion comes the increased need to offer our visitors a differentiating and unique experience. We are looking beyond the traditional retail marketing boundaries and seek to translate our value proposition into a unique user experience, including innovative digital solutions, additional services and entertainment.
We are looking to enhance our services to improve on accommodating the needs and interests of new target audiences such as the affluent intercontinental independent traveller, who uses alternative social media tools (e.g. WePay).
Recent initiatives include the introduction of the 3 Day Late Night Shopping Experience, the ‘Bringing People Together’-Winter event, Valet Parking and VIP-lounges.
Our Senior Marketing Manager plays a pivotal role in the development of the Centre as a whole. We seek an experienced Marketeer who can take our marketing activities to the next level, with special emphasis on user experience and animation”.
- Responsible for contributing to the Centre’s Marketing strategy in line with the 3-year Business Accelerator plan and within the overall McArthurGlen brand Marketing strategy (under the guidance of the Regional Marketing Manager)
- Develop, coach and manage the Roermond Marketing Team, exceed standards, redefine ‘what great looks like’
- Manage local and international stakeholders and cross functional relationships within the McArthurGlen matrix organisation
- Integrate and analyse in-depth consumer research and insight with commercial acumen to create and carry through successful strategic initiatives and identify opportunities
- Identify new opportunities to elevate the customer journey, think out-of-the-box for inspiring new events, exceed customer and shareholder expectations with regard to materializing ‘a great day out experience’
- Identify key drivers of satisfaction through ongoing customer research which will allow the business to prioritize activities and lead to increased NPS
- Support the Regional Marketing Manager with accurate financial justification for Marketing strategy and any additional funding required from investor board
- Contribute to a Tourism strategy for the Centre that includes trade, media relations/PR and consumer elements in conjunction with the Regional Marketing Manager to ensure alignment with overall regional strategy
- Contribute to the Digital strategy for the Centre that will achieve set KPIs, including social influencers, in conjunction with the Channels and Campaigns team to ensure alignment with overall global strategy
- Ensure all relevant reports and management information is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Implement weekly update with the Regional Marketing Manager
- Contributes and analyses the Centre marketing budget, including effective procurement, to ensure optimization and cost efficiency
- Ensure all marketing initiatives have a KPI and ROI
- Work with the Senior Retail Manager to deliver income growth on the key brands across the Centre with a focus on the top turnover brands and key luxury brands
- Direct marketing initiatives for brand launches, refurbishment, new phases, re-launch or redevelopment projects within the Centre
- Develop a strong working and commercial relationship with the Centre teams which includes the General Manager, Deputy Centre Manager, Senior Retail Manager and Senior Facilities Manager in the delivery of the Centres medium/long term strategies
- Develop relationships at local level with key/luxury brand partners to ensure their buy in to Marketing initiative
- Identify and support B2B initiatives in the Region, as required by Centre strategy
- Undertake duty management of the Centre on a rota base
- All employees have a responsibility to comply with McArthurGlen Health, Safety and Sustainability policies
Key Performance Indicators
- Footfall (90 mins Catchment, EU-Tourism, Non-EU-Tourism)
- Tourism (Number of Chinese groups, Tax-free turnover growth rates compared to regional/Industry rates)
- NPS scores
- Social Media ratings
- R.O.I. on event investments
- R.O.I. on PR investments
- Reach of content generated
- Engagement scores
- Reach of consumer generated content
The Marketing Manager reports to the MAG Designer Outlet Roermond General Manager (Rudolf van Gompel), with a dotted line to the Regional Marketing Manager (Robin Stevens).
The Marketing team currently consists of the following professionals:
- Marketing Executives (4X)
- Tourism Manager
- Tourism Executives
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate is a seasoned retail, fashion brand or leisure&hospitality marketeer. He/she has appr. 15 years of relevant experience, including leading overall marketing initiatives and managing diverse functional marketing teams. He/she has extensive agency experience, either from within or as a client. There are no boundaries when it comes to introducing new and innovative marketing ideas, as such this marketing role is ‘Champions League level’.
The ideal candidate has a super high quality mindset and continuously strives for next level performance. He/she enjoys working with excellent and therefore demanding professionals. He/she understands and welcomes the dynamics of multi stakeholder engagement and actively and cleverly finds the right balance between making a stand and embracing centrally agreed upon company actions. Our ideal candidate boasts both experience of having been successful in large corporate environments as well as high speed, action and goal oriented ‘agency mentality’. He/she is ‘cautiously audacious’.
In summary, we ar looking for a senior, high talented marketing professional with true marketing passion and multi-channel experience, with excellent communication skills and with well developed emotional intelligence and social agility (no ego issues), capable of multi stakeholder management and a high speed of action mentality.
- Educated to degree level (preferably business) or equivalent
- CIM, ISP, or IDM qualification (certificate or diploma)
- Experience in retail marketing, experience in fashion marketing preferred
- Experienced in producing high quality reports
- Advocate of HQ centralization and local adaptability
- European nationality (Dutch, German, Belgian, UK preferred)
- Excellent command of the English language is a must
- IT skills: Strong level Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in managing a sizeable marketing budget