Headquartered in Walluf, Germany, VAN HEES is considered a leading international manufacturer of spices, herbs mixes, additives and marinades, active in over 80 countries. The company has both a very strong technology drive and a relentless client orientation, which enables them to offer their clients the best technological solutions for today’s fast changing food markets.
Please visit https://www.van-hees.com/ for additional background information.
VAN HEES is a caring family business, where people stick together and are there for each other. These characteristics are firmly anchored in the values of the company. Therefore, of the more than 500 employees, about 150 have been in the company for ten years or more. Their combined knowledge makes VAN HEES a leading company in the industry.
Currently, VAN HEES is looking for a highly qualified Sales Manager to head their commercial development in the Benelux.
Place in the organisation
VAN HEES The Benelux has an office in Belgium and one in The Netherlands. These offices accommodate the administrative functions, logistics and sales for the region. The sales teams report to the Sales Manager, who in his/her turn treports to the company’s Managing Director in Germany.
Purpose of the position
The Benelux countries are an important region for VAN HEES. Over recent years new eating habits and persisting consumer trends towards healthier nutrition have shaken up the market place. VAN HEES is extremely well positioned amidst these developments. The purpose of the position is to take full commercial advantage of the opportunities that arise from these dynamics.
• Fulfilment of targets
• Management and coaching of the team
• Market observation: consumer trends, competitors, start-up companies or known customers with new initiatives, etc
• Acquisition of direct customers, with the involvement of Application Technologists/Sales
• Implementation of contracts and special promotions
• Management of and participation in trade fairs and specialist events (demonstrations, seminars)
To achieve the job’s purpose, we are looking for a Sales Manager who is capable of combining his/her knowledge of consumer trends, customer needs, competitor activity and technological developments into a vision for VAN HEES Benelux and into a strategy that will fuel future growth in the region. Furthermore, we need an empathetic people manager who will lead the teams through potential changes that might follow from the new strategy.
Experience & Functional capabilities
• Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field or equivalent by experience
• Fluency in Dutch, French and English. Conversant with German
• Experience in the food ingredient- or meat-industry
• Experience with high level negotiations
• Experience in combining a strategic mindset with a hands-on approach
• Experience in change management
• At least 4 years of experience in people management
• At least 5 years of experience in sales
Well developed analytical and strategic skills. Capable of creating a vision and bringing it across.
Leadership; Takes full responsibility for the performance of own team and leads them through change.
Value driven; feels confidented within a family business with a long-term orientation