VIA Outlets was originally set up as a fund in 2014 to acquire existing outlet centres across Europe and, using the expertise of its operating partners, enhance their performance so as to provide strong investment returns for its stakeholders.
VIA Outlets’ principal stakeholders include Dutch pension fund asset manager APG and UK REIT Hammerson plc. The operating partners are outlet centre specialist Value Retail and retail asset manager Meyer Bergman.
VIA Outlets currently operates eleven outlet centres across Europe: Oslo, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, Wroclaw, Prague, Frankfurt, Zurich, Porto, Lisbon, Palma, Seville.
Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet
Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet (BSFO) is located in Lelystad, The Netherlands. With a total Gross Leasable Area (GLA) of 31.000 sqm and over 145 brand stores, BSFO welcomes over 2.6 Mio visitors each year.
BSFO has an excellent brand line, consisting of exclusive brands such has Armani, as well as popular sports brands such as Nike, Adidas and Under Armour. In general lessees can be divided in 1) Fashion brands, 2) Lifestyle brands and 3) Food&Beverage.
During recent years, with the support of VIA Outlets, BSFO underwent a full centre upgrade, renovation and expansion. Business operations and process optimization are in excellent shape. As such, ‘the hardware’ is in place and focus should now shift to ‘the software’. The challenge for VIA Outlets and its Centre Directors is to create a shared vision. Under one ownership, build a high performing outlet group that embraces not only the international traveller but also the local customer.
Currently we are searching for qualified candidates for the challenging position of BSFO Centre Director.
The Batavia Stad Fashion Outlet Centre Director provides leadership and direction to the local team driving all business and operational activities. The Centre Director will also represent the centre in all local and regional community relations/events.
- In line with the overall VIA strategy and goals identify, develop and direct the implementation of the local business strategy, ensuring clear targets, milestones, kpi’s and deliverables are set and achieved
- Responsible for the centre’s P&L
- Provide direction and inspirational leadership toward the achievement of VIA Outlets’ vision, mission, values, and guiding principles
- Ensure the proper interface with VIA Outlets Group teams and other centres in order to ensure alignment with the goals of the business and to leverage best practices
- Manage centre team members and enable them to set targets and strategies and be accountable for their achievements. Maximise collaboration amongst all team members to achieve centre goals
- Hold quarterly Business Review meetings with key stakeholders to agree on plans to drive the business forward
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities, community affairs, compliance requirements and development plans
- Establish and build key relationships within local community, commercial and tourism networks to maximise support and collaboration to achieve business goals
The new Centre Director should bring with him/her the proper expertise (extensive retail and brand experience is a must; having held similar roles with end responsibility) and in addition should:
- Be a natural leader, bringing new spirit and vision to BSFO
- Be a challenger of VIA Outlets Senior Management on BSFO future strategy
- Be a true business partner
- Have a natural tendency to take the initiative, responsibility and accountability, while still focused on team spirit and effort
- Truly understand the value of brands
- Be open minded and internationally versatile
- Act as the BSFO ambassador
- Have the natural ability to converse at all levels
- Have the capacity to add humour and fun to the BSFO core culture