Deze opdracht is gesloten
Resato Hydrogen Technology
Chief Commercial Officer
- Private Equity
Resato Hydrogen Technology is a Dutch scale-up company dedicated to accelerating the energy transition in Europe, by developing best-in-class hydrogen refuelling stations in multiple configurations, fit for all types of vehicles. Its clients are typically fleet owners and commercial operators of public fuel stations.
Under public pressure, the phasing out of fossil fuels is rapidly gaining momentum. At the same time, the market growth for traditional battery powered electric vehicles is restricted, mainly due to limitations of the power infrastructure and scarcity of raw materials for batteries. Hydrogen is therefore expected to play an important role in future transport throughout Europe. Governments are stimulating hydrogen infrastructure development and are setting the pace of the current market acceleration.
Resato Hydrogen Technology has the ambition to absorb more than its fair share of the rapidly growing demand for Hydrogen Refueling Stations and is extremely well positioned to become one of the leading suppliers in Europe and beyond:
- It has an installed base of stations which stand out in terms of safety and efficiency
- It has full control of in-house developed high pressure technology, providing technology leadership and allowing for flexibility in R&D
- It has an efficient assembly process resulting in low capex and high flexibility in scaling up its operations
- It has a state-of-the-art, proprietary IoT platform, leveraging the power of data to all stakeholders
- Collaboration with local service partners enables rapid international scalability
Resato Hydrogen Technology’s culture can be described as professional, quality driven, informal, down to earth and hands-on, but at the same time highly ambitious, proud, future oriented and optimistic.
Resato Hydrogen is headquartered in Assen, The Netherlands
The position of Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is new and Tracks executive search have been engaged to select qualified candidates for this vacancy.
Place in the organisation
The CCO leads the sales and marketing departments and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. He/she works closely with the CEO and the Sales & Marketing teams to ensure that the commercial strategy is aligned with the company’s overall vision, its goals and its capabilities. The CCO works closely with the CFO to develop and manage the company’s commercial budget and ensures that expenditures stay within the set brackets. He/she collaborates with the COO to ensure that the company’s products and services can be delivered in time, meet the needs of the market and remain competitive.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of the job is to develop and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy (within the framework of the overall strategy) that ensures the achievement of the company’s aggressive targets in terms of revenue growth, increased market share, and expansion of its customer base.
The CCO is responsible for building and managing a high-performing commercial team that includes marketing, sales and business development. He/she sets targets and KPI’s for the commercial team and ensures that the targets are met or exceeded.
Furthermore, the CCO is accountable for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, partnerships, and collaborations that can help drive revenue growth and increase market share.
- The CCO monitors industry trends and competitive activity, shares this information with others within the company and uses it to adjust the commercial strategy accordingly
- The CCO develops and maintains strong relationships with key customers, partners, and stakeholders
- The CCO holds responsibility for the Public Affairs activities with local, regional, national and European stakeholders and agencies
- The CCO is responsible for running the New Business Development process within the company
The CCO will play a critical role in driving market share growth and expanding the company’s international customer base, ultimately contributing to the company’s overall success and growth. The candidate for the role of CCO will therefore have a successful track record of hands-on commercial management roles in high-growth environments. He or she will possess evidence of the ability to energise and inspire a high-performing commercial team.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience in commercial management roles with an international scope. Preferably including marketing, sales and business development in a B2B, technology driven scale-up company or a high-growth environment. Resato uses Verne Harnish scale-up methodologies.
Skills & competencies
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, but with a hands on approach and a preference for pragmatic action
- Highly energetic, ambitious and hard working professional
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent sales man. Outgoing, eager to interact with people, approachable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, relationship builder, but also capable of driving negotiations forward and closing the deal
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Interested in sustainability and preferably some knowledge of trends and the competitive landscape in fuel and related industries