Deze opdracht is gesloten
Country Manager Germany
- Consumer Goods
- Independent (Family/Director-owner)
Country Manager Germany
Is your goal in life ‘creating impact for a better world’? Then this is your Dream Job. As our Country Manager Germany, you are the driving force behind the Dopper mission and our presence in Germany. Making sure there will be no more single-use water bottles entering our oceans. Feeling inspired? Of course you are. Read on!
FULL-TIME · GERMANY
Every minute, a truckload of plastic waste enters our oceans. And in that exact same minute, one million single-use plastic water bottles are purchased. Coincidence? We don’t think so. This plastic problem is getting out of hand. Plastic waste never disappears. It just breaks down into smaller pieces, circulating our oceans for millennia to come.
You might know the Dopper bottle. A colorful bottle. Or actually, a bottle and a cup in one. But it’s not just any reusable water bottle. The company behind it, is making sure no more single-use plastic water bottles enter our oceans.
Dopper has developed into a strong sustainable brand with sales and distribution in various European countries. By raising awareness about plastic pollution, by offering education, stimulating research and investing in clean drinking water projects where people need it the most. So choosing reusable over single-use becomes a real option in those places as well.
As you can see, Dopper is nothing less but so much more than a water bottle. Dopper is a Benefit Corporation, a B Corp. Dopper does not just want to be the best in the world, Dopper also wants the best for the world. This means that besides profits, the organisation wants to make an actual impact as well. Major steps have already been taken, and Dopper continues to strive for a better world. Where everyone can and will choose reusable over single-use to protect our world’s water sources. The bottle is the message!
Build lasting impact for the Dopper brand in Germany, by creating optimal retail, online and b2b distribution. Your team exists of a Sales Manager Retail and an Inside Sales Employee. Your own role, next to leading your team and the German activities, will focus on developing German Ecommerce business and partnerships (e-tail and marketplaces) and B2C (own consumer web shop). An Impact Marketeer Germany is present within the Marketing department, for support with online campaigns, social media, etc., for which budget will be available.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Development and rollout strategy to realize the Country sales target including a target for ecommerce (e-tail and marketplaces) and B2C (own consumer web shop);
- Maintaining dedicated partnerships with key accounts and current high potential accounts. Developing and implementing an account plan for these accounts, according to a digital first strategy;
- New business: lining up new accounts that are in line with Dopper’s selective distribution strategy. Focus on large e-commerce players for visibility and volume;
- Strategy development for marketplaces in Germany and maintaining marketplace partnerships to push sell-out, increase revenue and to get the mission across;
- Commercial plan and execution for the B2C webshop; how to serve the German customer;
- Making sure that no Dopper is sold without the mission by improving the online and instore presentation, training partners and working on (marketing) campaigns (with the impact marketeer);
- Making sure that all partners are in line with Dopper’s selective distribution strategy and comply to ethical standards;
- Making sure that 30% of Retail partners are part of the PET Free Movement;
- Introducing new products and working on pre-orders;
- Creating a network of friends of other sustainable brands to share experiences and contacts.
As a Manager you will be
- Responsible for achieving the country sales target with your team;
- Setting goals and arranging resources for the team to excel, including defining KPI’s for the team and how to reach them;
- Setting up a structure for the team, defining processes and procedures;
- Building a committed team with deep bonds, managing the team by supporting growth and development. You inspire, coach and motivate them;
- Carrying out all managerial elements, including hiring processes, performance development, health management;
- The budget holder for the team, always aligned with complete embassy per country and the International Sales Manager. Making sure the budget is used to realize a maximum ROI and there is no overspending.
As our Country Manager Germany, you will report to the International Sales Manager, Stephanie.
Up for the challenge? These things would help:
- Higher vocational degree;
- At least 5 years of demonstrated successful managerial experience in an international sales management position within a fast-paced, trend-sensitive environment;
- Strong e-commerce background and network and experience with marketplaces (Amazon, Otto, eBay, etc.) in Germany;
- Preferably having worked in the following channels: lifestyle, bookstores and bio supermarkets;
- Experience in a social enterprise and/or a drive for sustainability. You want to disrupt the industry;
- A connection with/passion for mission-driven organizations such as Dopper;
- Strategically strong, will be able to provide a strategy on how to conquer the market;
- A natural leader, result driven combined with people skills;
- Commercially strong and strong networker;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Perseverance, “a do not give up mentality”;
- Native German speaker, fluent in English;
- Willingness to travel in Germany and to the Netherlands (you’ll get a lease car). You will be working from home;
- Available for 32-40 hours per week.
What’s in it for you?
What is so different about working at Dopper? First of all, you’re not just doing your job, you’re actually making a change in the world. We’re on a mission and that ties our team together. Kumbaya. At this moment, Dopper is growing rapidly and especially internationally. Germany is our most important growth market. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hop on board and make a lasting change.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Country Manager Germany? Then we’d love to hear about you (please apply by using the apply button below)!