Regional Director Europe
- Consumer Goods
- General Management
- Independent (Family/Director-owner)
Protempo is a global distributor of consumer electronics, offering a one-stop shop for CE brands, with offices in LA, Toronto, Sydney, Auckland and Amsterdam.
Since 2004, Protempo has been committed to moving inventory and solving problems for manufacturers and distributors. Originally beginning from a humble daily deal site in New Zealand to assist a company liquidation, Protempo has grown and evolved over the following decade and a half to become a global leader in distribution, reverse logistics, refurbishing, e-commerce and asset management.
The highly experienced and talented team, state-of-the-art software and logistics systems, reliable processes, and the trusted and transparent approach towards its clients has seen Protempo quickly become a leading player in the international consumer electronics distribution marketplace. And there is still a lot of potential to discover and develop.
Protempo has built a global business supplying many of the biggest retailers in the world (BestBuy, Microsoft, Gamestop, Amazon, Target, Newegg and others) and assisting some of the leading CE brands (Microsoft, Amazon, Google Nest, Nokia, Sphero, Wacom, Incipio, Jabra and others).
With offices in New Zealand, Europe, Canada, America and Australia (in addition to several employees based elsewhere around the globe) – “it’s no wonder the world’s largest brands choose Protempo as their distribution partner”. The culture of Protempo can be described as hands on, pragmatic, entrepreneurial.
Operations in Europe are still relatively small and it is the ambition of Protempo to build a strong and profitable organisation during the coming years. Therefore Protempo will hire a Regional Manager EU.
Regional Manager EU
Place in the organisation
The Regional Manager EU reports to the VP of Business Development
Purpose of the position
While the job will most likely be operational during the first 6 to 12 months while recruiting, building out logistics and tech support infrastructure and establishing supply contracts etc, expectations are that the focus will quickly move to strategic goals and driving the company’s sales growth aspirations in the region.
During the first years, clients of Protempo were mainly wholesalers and traders. Currently there is an important shift towards retailers and e-commerce. It is the goal for the Regional Manager EU to build and maintain relationships with the largest CE-retailers and e-commerce companies in Europe. Ideally the ratio retail/online/wholesale will be 50/40/10.
- Lead strategic thinking and manage and set up all operations and business activities in the EU region. Understanding of how to manage a start-up.
- Drive and create Sales and budget plans.
- Managing all aspects of our CE Distribution business. From planning to placement.
- Identify opportunities for new categories, services or verticals which offer synergies with our existing business.
- Plan product launches, PR and marketing skills and assets.
- Assist in the identification, sales pitch and acquisition of new suppliers for both the distribution and other divisions of the business.
- Recruit a team as needed.
- Identify key retail and distributers for our vast line of CE products including online initiatives.
The Regional Manager EU is an experienced leader to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the EU retail, distribution and e-commerce business. He/she will be responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
- Post-Secondary degree required. Preferably a BA in Business.
- A proven track record at a similar level across multi-faceted businesses with a sales and distribution focus. Knowledge and experience in ecommerce a must.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in CE sales and distribution/operations.
- Proficient in Excel and strong math skills. Trading mentality with strong pricing and cost allocation skills with well-developed sales skills. Understand and management of P&L’s.
- Self-starter, outgoing, strong leadership skills. Able to take and give direction. Work with a team and independently.
- Ability to influence and negotiate optimal agreements with our business partners.
- Willingness to ask and honestly answer the tough questions. Treat other’s opinions with respect. Fosters open communications and candid discussions. Share information that helps other do their job well. Good listener and be able to take direction.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Fluent in English and preferably in German and French.